Rainbow Communications announces area students to serve on Youth Advisory Council
Rainbow Communications began a Youth Advisory Council in 2021 that consists of juniors from local high schools within Rainbow’s serving area. The Youth Advisory Council’s purpose is to educate and involve high school juniors in the scope of services provided by Rainbow and obtain ideas and suggestions from student leaders regarding technology.
The council members will attend five meetings throughout the school year. During the meetings, the members will learn about the services that Rainbow offers, the different career paths available within Rainbow, and plan an event for one of their school’s home basketball games. In exchange for their time, ideas, and participation, council members will receive a $500 scholarship upon completion of the program.
The 2021 Youth Advisory Council Members are:
- Alaina Pantle – Atchison County Community High School
- Emili Postma – Atchison County Community High School
- Ethan Ramirez – Atchison County Community High School
- Zach Dove – Atchison High School
- Emmillie Losey – Doniphan West High School
- Camden Bachman – Hiawatha High School
- Julia Lehew – Horton High School
- Madison Stirton – Horton High School
- Montana Hutchison – Horton High School
- Sophie Schumacher – Nemaha Central High School
- Kate Beyer – Sabetha High School
Thank you to all the students who applied for the Youth Advisory Council. We look forward to beginning this program and engaging area students with our company.